Eastleigh's home match against Tonbridge Angels, which was postponed on Saturday 11th February because of the weather, has been re-arranged for Tuesday 20th March @ 19:45pm.
EASTBOURNE BOROUGH 1-0 EASTLEIGH Saturday 27th October 2012 Blue Square Bet South Match Report by Paul McNamara The frustrating stop-start nature of Eastleigh’s season continued on a bitterly cold afternoon in East Sussex as they lost by a single goal to an unexceptional Eastbourne Borough side. This display bore far closer resemblance to that at Gloucester in the F.A. Cup than the much improved showing at Chelmsford in the Spitfires last league match two weeks ago. There was no clue to the eventual outcome early in the game as the visitors started by far the livelier of the two teams. After only 7 minutes Damian Scannell - who was Eastleigh’s most potent threat throughout the 90 minutes – retrieved a deep cross wide on the right and crossed for Craig McAllister to head powerfully home. As the players and their outstanding travelling support were celebrating what appeared a vital early breakthrough the referee was disallowing the goal for an infring...
Eastleigh Football Club would like to provide the following update regarding the potential purchase of the stadium. An offer had previously been made to the board at ‘Ten Acre Holdings’ (the current owners) which was considered to be worth presenting to the shareholders yesterday in a board meeting for their consideration. Following discussions the board of TAH felt that they were willing to accept the offer presented to them as long as the remaining shareholders also felt a desire to sell the ground at this stage. On this basis a full shareholders meeting was called and the outcome was that a clear large majority were in favour of accepting the offer and that the sale of the freehold should progress. The overwhelming consensus was that the TAH had been set up to safeguard the club and enable it to get back on a sound financial footing, which it has achieved over recent years. This now enables a deal to proceed which should be beneficial to the shareholders and providing the foo...
Eastleigh Football Club announce the resignation of Chairman, Paul Murray, who is standing down with immediate effect. Paul says, “As some will know, I recently sold my shares in Eastleigh Football Club when the Directors of Bridle Insurance were acquiring a majority stakeholding in the Club. I also stood down as Chairman at that time to assume the role of Non Executive Chairman. However I feel that it is now time for me to move on. I have thoroughly enjoyed my involvement with Eastleigh Football Club over many years. I lived in Eastleigh as a teenager, I went to college in Eastleigh, I have worked in Eastleigh for 46 years and still work here. I have a great affinity for the town and have therefore have been pleased to be of service to the local football club. I wish everybody at the Club well. The Club is in good hands with Stewart and Neil. They are young, dynamic, visionary, well funded and have a good knowledge of the game. I will watch with interest the progress the Club will m...
Comments
Post a Comment