Watts deal falls through

As reported on this website at the beginning of the week, Steve Watts was thought to have completed a move to the Silverlake Stadium with what would have been Paul Doswell's last act as manager.

On Tuesday the club were informed that although agreeing terms with Eastleigh he had taken a u-turn and had opted for a move to Ryman League outfit, Bromley who made a late move for the former Fisher Athletic striker.

Suffice to say Watts has now put pen to paper for the Kent based team. Here is a statement from the Bromley official website regarding the transfer:

"Bromley are pleased to announce that Steve Watts has agreed terms to join the Club. The prolific goalscorer left Fisher Athletic recently having netted almost 100 times in two and a half seasons with The Fish. Manager, Mark Goldberg is delighted to have captured the player, saying: "Steve is a great signing for us who has a proven track record not only at Ryman level but in the leagues above as well."

Speaking after putting pen to paper Steve said: " I was at Fisher Athletic full-time and enjoying it but in the last couple of months my business has started to go well so I asked them to release me so I could put more time in.

Several Conference clubs came in for me but the travelling would have been too much. I was offered an unbelievable package but I turned it down because I need to concentrate on my business. Coming here is not about money."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Richard Hill

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.