Ray Murphy: After the Marathon


Well it took a little longer than expected, Six hours six minutes and twenty nine seconds according to the Floras Marathon time clock, when the target apart from just finishing was between five and six hours.

But what a day, the atmosphere was absolutely electric. Over 35,000 runners and half a million people lining the streets of London cheering you on. The first ten miles were fine then after about twelve both my hamstrings really tightened and although stretching several times, they would not loosen and the second half of the marathon turned into a mere walk the course just to finish.

In addition to that just over £1500 so far has been raised for my chosen charity The Great Ormond Street Hospital.

The aim now I would love to go back next year, co I now know that I am sure I could touch the five hour mark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.

Richard Hill