Hill opens up on Clarke's Eastleigh exit

Quotes from Richard Hill regarding goalkeeper Ryan Clarke's Eastleigh exit:


“Ryan was disappointed I left him out and I fully understand that. I don’t expect players to be happy when they’re left out of the team.

“It would be unprofessional of me to make all the details public but, from my point of view, I want players who have been left out to show me they want to get back into the team – and that starts on the training ground.

“I’m just the custodian of Eastleigh, trying to do what is best for the club, and I only want players who are going to work their balls off to get into the side.

“If that makes me unpopular so be it. I love this club and I will continue to do the best I can for Eastleigh FC in the short-term, middle-term and long-term.

"I only want players who want to play for Eastleigh, players who, if they’re not in the team, are prepared to train well and fight for the position.

“Ryan’s a good goalkeeper and so is Stacky (Graham Stack).

“But if a player is not prepared to fight for his place and doesn’t want to be at the club as a result, there can only be one outcome.

“Ryan didn’t say outright that he didn’t want to be at Eastleigh, but he intimated that if he wasn’t going to be in the side his future would lie elsewhere.”

With regard to 35-year-old striker Darius Henderson's departure, Hill said: "I sat and had a conversation with him and we felt a parting of the ways would be best. It was very amicable.

“Darius had aggravated an injury which would have made his appearances limited."

Eastleigh travel to second-to-bottom side North Ferriby on Good Friday, 3pm kick off.

Eastleigh boss makes no apology for goalkeeper's departure

THE decision to part company with goalkeeper Ryan Clarke has gone down like a lead balloon with some Eastleigh fans. But director of football/caretaker boss Richard Hill makes no apologies for acting in the best interests of the club he loves. Clarke, along with striker Darius Henderson, was released by mutual consent earlier this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.

Richard Hill