Preview | Richard Hill | Barrow

Richard Hill looks ahead to Eastleigh's home game v Barrow. Here are his pre-match thoughts:

“We just need to try and get back on track and we need to try to pick something up from the game. The lads have been brilliant this week in training. Let’s not spoil a good week’s work by not finishing it off at the end of the week.

“It’s important, the crowd are important to us. We need the crowd to come. They are not happy. They are not happy with one or two things and they are frustrated with things I’m sure. They are important to us.

“I’d like them to put the differences aside with some of the players they aren’t particularly happy with or what’s gone on.

“I used an example of my team Leicester City when they were bottom of the Premier League and managed to win I think it was seven or eight out of ten games to stay in the Premier League. The crowd made a massive difference to that. I’d like our crowd to come along for the rest of the season for the home games and just support the team. Any grievances they have, any frustrations they have, let’s put that to one side because it’s more about this football club than any individual or any supporter.

“There were positives [against York City] in respect that we passed the ball ok but in the respect of threatening the opposition’s goal – I didn’t think there were that many positives.

“The players have done great. They are taking on board what I am asking them to do. With some of them this is the fourth different thing that they’ve been asked to this season. But the positives – I’ve pointed them out to them. There’s a few negatives – I’ve pointed them out to them and we just need to try to keep getting better and keep working hard.

“Everybody says ‘your luck’s got to change’ but luck won’t just change while you’re just hoping it’s going to happen. You’ve got to go out, work hard and then your luck will change.

“Everybody is fine at the moment. We’ve had a good week’s training as I say and everybody is through fit.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.

Richard Hill