Reaction | Richard Hill and Matt Tubbs | Barrow

Post-match reaction from Richard Hill and goalscorer Matt Tubbs who were speaking to BBC Radio Solent following Eastleigh's 2-0 home win over Barrow.

Richard Hill:

Perfect week

"It’s a good weeks work for the boys. It really is a good, good weeks work. From the hard work they’ve done this week, we’ve worked on things all week from Monday and that’s just capped off a perfect week as far as I’m concerned."

Strengthening the squad

"I felt I needed to strengthen this squad when I came in. I think it was pretty apparent to everybody that this squad needed strengthening. 

"In the last two weeks I’ve been on the phone enquiring about twenty different players and that’s no exaggeration by the way. Not twenty players to come to the club, but enquiring about bringing perhaps two or three of them to the club. I’ve tried fourth choice central defenders at League Two and League One clubs, who won’t let them out. I’ve tried fourth choice forwards – they won’t let them out. Just to put the record straight for myself, it got to a point where I thought what do I do, I need to improve the back four.

"Paul Reid came on the phone [asking if there was] anything he could do and Matt Tubbs spoke to Macca (Craig McAllister) and we decided to go with it because nobody will let any of the players out. They won’t let them go on loan anywhere because it’s that time of the season. So I had to do something, and if it works - it’s great, if it don’t - it don’t."

Tubbs and Reid were brilliant

"Matt Tubbs was brilliant today. Paul Reid was brilliant today – he’s not played that many games but I just decided to throw them straight in."

---

Matt Tubbs:

"I haven’t played for the last few weeks so to get 70 minutes today to get my fitness back up was brilliant for me.

"I wasn’t aiming to get anything out of it apart from putting the keeper off from kicking the ball a country mile. He’s kicked it against me and it’s fell quite nicely for me to put in.

"On a personal note it’s brilliant for me confidence-wise but as a team, the three points and the two goals we scored today will work absolute wonders for us. Hopefully this will be a little turning point with nine games left.

"All I try to do is score goals whatever level, wherever I am and I did that today. If I can chip in with a few goals and try to get this team up the table - that will put the club in good stead for next season."

Eastleigh end winless run & Newport forced to find a new home, Solent Non League Football - BBC Radio Solent

BBC Radio Solent were at four Non League games over the weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Richard Hill

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.