McAllister reflects on his first game back at Eastleigh

Craig McAllister's post-match thoughts after Eastleigh's 2-0 loss at home against Tranmere:


"I’m happy to be back but disappointed with the result in the end."

"We had a game plan which we kept to quite well in the first half. There wasn’t a lot of quality but we worked on staying in the game as long as we could. We knew it was going to be difficult because the pitch would get cut up and it wasn’t going to be pretty."

"It was a good first half but the second half was not so good and I’m just disappointed obviously like everyone else. We’ve got to keep digging. I haven’t been here, I’ve just got back here so I don’t know what it’s been like the last few weeks. I’ve been told that it was an improvement today and we need to keep improving."

"We played well together me and Beano (James Constable). I think he likes playing alongside a big man as does Scott Wilson. I’ve got to get match fit now. I’ve got to work extra hard in the week now because I’ve not played a lot of games recently, as much as I wanted to. There’s a lot of games coming up so hopefully my match fitness will come quickly."

"I got a dead leg in the first ten minutes off Sam Togwell. Me and him went for the ball, he missed it, I’ve missed it and he’s gone straight through me and given me a dead leg so it wasn’t a good start. I was struggling a bit after that to be honest and it got worse as the game went on. I don't think it’s going to stop me from training and playing. We’ll see how it is tomorrow."

"I first heard about coming back here on Thursday. I love being back and I had to come back here and hit the ground running. Unfortunately it didn’t quite happen today and I’m not happy with the result like the rest of the lads in there. We’re happy with the first half performance."

"The option to come here came quickly and I couldn’t say no to it. Of course I couldn’t. I’m buzzing to be back here. I just want to help the side improve and we have to start winning games now."

"I’ve not been playing a great deal of football this year [at Sutton]. I’ve been in and out. I’m playing for my future now. I never wanted to leave Eastleigh. I had an option to go to Sutton, which is a good club, but I’m glad to be back here."

"I want to help this club progress and get out of this league. We all do."

"I know the fans want us to play good stuff, pretty stuff - but no matter how it comes, we’ve got to win a game of football."

"The club is always pushing, always improving. Off the pitch everything is spot on – no one will question that. What’s important is what goes on on the field because you can do as much as can be done off the field, which has been done by the chairman, but what’s important is results to get us to where we need to be."

"We’ve got to go and win [against Macclesfield], regardless of how it comes. Go and win a game of football then we can build on that because it will bring confidence to the lads. As soon as Tranmere scored today, everyone’s body language showed that it was taken out of everyone. You can see there’s a lack of confidence but the manager gives a lot of confidence to the lads. The lads give a lot of confidence to one another. I’ve only been in one or two days, we’ve worked hard on things. So we just go and win on Tuesday, that’s all that matters."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deal sealed with Lawshield

Eastleigh Res. 0-1 Tooting & Mitcham Utd Res.

Richard Hill